Monday, 20 March 2017

Editing my Instagram Pictures │ ELLEKATE

Evening!

So you asked, and I listened. That means that today on the blog we will be talking about how I edit my Instagram photos. To be totally honest, I am still learning as I go with my Instagram account and still finding what kinda theme I wanna role with. But, some of you out there still wanted me to give you the low down on the editing apps which I use.
So rather than take you through the process of all editing styles, as I tend to change this depending on how much editing I would like to do on the photo I'm just going to show you the apps which I use and how I use them!

1. Afterlight
No matter the image, I will always firstly use after light. Afterlight, in a nutshell, is an easy place for you to edit an entire image under one app. From allowing you to change contrast, saturation and temperature, it also allows you to add vintage filters and frames. Normally I will only use the editing software and save the filters for VSCO, which I will talk about later. But overall this app is easy to use, especially if you are a beginner and allows you to change the image to fit a theme well. Unfortunately, this app is not free, and neither are some of the in-app features. It costs £0.99 and offers in-app purchases such as filters and frames.

2. Facetune
Unlike after light, I will not use face tune often. If you like to edit your face in images easily without having to use complicated software this one is for you. I personally like to use face tune to remove flecks within the image which I do not like, such as an annoying spot or even a stain on a t-shirt which is ruining the image. But it also allows you to soften skin, enhance details, whiten, and change tones. Think outside of the box when using the app, it's made for editing well your face, but it comes in pretty handy whilst working with other types of photos.

3. Snapseed
In a nutshell, this app is googles answer to photoshop for your phone. If you're not familiar with photoshop, it allows you to change and adapt an image however you wish. But if you're a beginner, it's not for you. White balance, tune image, transform, and even filters are included within this app. It helps with changing colour tones, say the background was too saturated, the brush option allows you to reduce this and keep it more in tune with your theme.

4. VSCO
If you're unaware of VSCO, then you have been hiding under a rock. Back in the days of Tumblr if an image wasn't edited through VSCO, it wouldn't be allowed on my blog. VSCO is an app to add filters to your image. But the filters included within the app are incredible, to say the least. If the filters included within the free version of the app aren't for you, there are filters available to purchase.






Some may say that this is far too many editing apps, but I will tend to only use one to two on each given photo. But this will always include VSCO. Let me know what you think about this post in the comments below, or if you use any other sort of editing apps you'd like to share please do! Until next time, I hope you all enjoyed this slightly different post and ill see you next time.

Ellie X

2 comments :

  1. I use VSCO to edit my pictures. It's so easy to use so I really enjoy it. I also have Snapseed and I have used it a few times but as I am a beginner, it is so confusing so I often leave it neglected for VSCO cam.

    Emily | http://emilytrinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, VSCO is my staple, I use it for almost all of my images, as well as Photoshop. Afterlight is great too! I haven't heard of the others so I will be checking those out, thanks for sharing these! xx

    Sending light & love your way,
    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete