Thursday, 6 October 2016

Goodbye Cruelty │ ELLEKATE

Good Afternoon,
Slightly off topic today but I think this is defiantly a subject that I would like to discuss on here. That topic being animal cruelty, and what I'm doing with my personal life to stop all that. Since of around April of this year there has been a real change in attitude of how I feel about certain products and lifestyle choices that not only have been noticed by myself but by friends and family members. Around 2 years ago, I turned Vegetarian. It wasn't a long coming decision although I didn't really ever eat red meat even as a child, it was very much over night. Since that day I have been completely happy with the choice I had made.
Around this time was also when I got my first job, this did eventually turn into two jobs (somehow) which meant for a 17 year old I was making quite a good wage. With that I wanted to buy the jacket of my dreams, I had wanted this ever since I had gotten into fashion and also looking up to my mothers style. So I made a good investment with an All Saints Cargo Leather Jacket. I loved it, honestly to this day it is my go to jacket. And I'm pleased that I still like it as much as I do because my perception on actually having saved up all that money for an item made of leather is something in the past 8-10 months has completely changed.
Then there was getting my baby, Buddy, he is a 4 year old beagle. From loving animals from a young age I wanted a puppy since I was a little girl. Being my mum and dads finally decision on what bread we got, they decided since my dad grew up with beagles it would be a good family decision. Since I got him, he has opened my eyes really to how cruel this world actually can be. Beagle Freedom Project and PETA kinda led me from there as far as hashtags related to my own images. It showed me that puppy's not much different from my own, yes beagles. Are bred in horrific conditions, all to spend there lives inside of cages and be tested on... all for beauty products.
Yesterday, I decided. Im not being selfish any more. Im not going to be that person who actually knows everything that happens to these poor animals and pretends that they care when essentially. We are actually doing nothing to stop it. I stopped using MAC about February time, though the company has released a statement saying that they are trying to stop there factories from being animals tested on ones. Until the day comes that they actually stop, I'm not going to be buying things from them, and the numerous other companies I have spend hundreds on just so I can look 'On fleek' on a night out.
Do I judge people who still use these products ? Absolutely not. Because for a long time I have been that person, I am just the kind who reads into things, realises the truth and cannot live with my own self by pretending like I think everything will be ok.

I think that this is the deepest I have ever gotten on this blog, it feels strange kinda ranting out my feelings this way ! Im sorry if your not use to this type of subject, or hate reading stuff that is over a bit more serious topics. I needed to just get across that from this day forth I will be trying my best to promote all clean, cruelty free products. I know I do own leather items which for some people who are vegan or vegetarian do find hard, So I will try keeping them out of my blog from now on. They are all products I have bought prior to becoming who I am today and they do have sentimental value which is why I am not discarding them. Just thought I would right that little disclaimer. I will not be purchasing any more items of leather myself, only items which have been gifted to me.

So there we go. Normally posts take me about a week to write up but this has taken me 30 mins of just sitting with my coffee, ranting out my feelings to the world basically. I would just like to thank everyone also that this blog has really helped me come to help me realise who I am, reflecting on what I actually believe in what is right and not doing anything because its a trend or because people want me to be 'that' person. But like me for me.

One happy El, who has came to a really big decision with her life.

Enjoy all the rest of your afternoons, I'm off to go drink cocktails and research into what foundation I can buy now that mines ran out and I refuse to repurchase it. Love you all X


P.S
Here is my little man, Buddy aka Bubba, who is the reason I realised there was such a world I was to blind to see or hear about. I recently made him a little Instagram account since my kitty gets all the attention on mine his username is 'bubba_beagle' feel free to follow him in his crazy little world.



No comments :

Post a Comment