Tuesday, 3 May 2016

MET GALA 2016 │ Night of Metal

Every year, the gala never fails to impress me but this year's fashion had me blown away.
This gala had the dresses of tomorrow made for today, and it was hard to pick just a few of my favourites, however, like every year, there is some individuals who definitely missed the memo but each to their own. This is why I want to hear your views on the fashion of the evenings in the comments whether you have to agree with my do's and don't or not I would love to hear your opinion.

Let's begin with the couple of the evening Miss Gigi & Zayn making their red carpet debut. I mean Gigi looked flawless wearing her custom made Tommy Hilfiger mesh gown, but what really made the couple stand out was Zayn's bionic man look in what I believe was a Versace suit, with the metal armour attached to his arms. The pair brought the fairytale knight in shining armour into the 21st century, and you can see it in the way they look into each other's eyes.

                       

But the runner-up couples of the evening had to be a close tie for the winners between, Mrs & Mr Kardashian West and Gigi's sister Bella Hadid with singer star boyfriend The Weeknd. Like always Kim Kardashian was wearing a gown made by her close friends at Balmain, fitted to her famous curves she was head to toe in jewels looking like a space-age greek goddess. Closely behind her the entire night was Kayne which was wearing a more casual denim look, covered in jewels to match his Mrs Drawing the cameras to Kanye was his wolf-like eye contacts, which were incredible spooky but hauntly spectacular at the same time. If you have the chance to watch their video booth clip online, or any other of the celebs for that matter I suggest you check them out. Next of course was the more simple Bella and The Weeknd, both wearing couture Givenchy. Best of all about Bella Hadid's gown was the simplicity at the top working down the pom-pom effect at the bottom - such a beautifully made dress matching well with her date for the evening.

























Triple acts were a force to be reconded with yesterday evening. The Haim sisters followed by Lena Dunham, Jenni Konner and Jenna Lyons wearing matching JCrew Suits in my personal opinion, they both nailed their looks and I would find it hard to choose a favourite. I enjoyed how all of the ladies has gone matching in their sets of three but still having their own unique touch to the outfits that they were wearing. 



Honestly, if I had the choice and didn't have to prepare myself for an interview right now I could sit and talk to you all for hours as to why I thought some of the style last night just blew me away. But I sadly cannot. I've had to try my hardest here to narrow down my favourite looks, so I shall begin with my utter best one of the night which was worn by Claire Danes, when she was walking along the catwalk her Cinderella ball gown was still utterly stunning but later on in the night as it got dark, the dress transformed into this spectacle of lights. It just blew me away when I was sitting watching the highlights this morning. 

Closely followed by Taylor Swift, Stella Maxwell, Lily Collins, Blake Lively, Bee Shaffer and Kendall Jenner. I think all of these girls showed up in style and nailed it. I was also shocked when Stella Maxwell showed up wearing her Topshop dress, I was convinced it was a hand sewn haute couture item so well done Topshop for knocking it out of the park with that garment. As little as I enjoy Taylor Swift's new hair-do, that girl knows how to dress for her figure and that was no exception last night with her Louis Vutton dress. Like I said before I could ramble on all night, so I am just going to leave it there with my favourites of the night and more on to my less favourite part ....the dissing.

 


















Personally I am too much of a nice person to write down why I disliked what these people were wearing, so I am going to try and be gentle about this...Madonna... her music just blares out my childhood, and her style just hasnt changed even with her age. I enjoy how she still has the confidence to go out and wear some of these outfits, but now its maybe time to start showing a tiny little bit less cause I dont want to know what was going on about the chest area of that dress. 
Katy Perry also didnt do it for me, I cant decide wether it is down to that hair style or the dress itself cause at the moment im loving the embrodery on the gown itself, it just as a whole didnt work for me. 
Finally so I can stop the dissing as I hate it more than anything is Irina Shayk, having another gown by haute couture Givenchy it is just the complete opposite of what Bella Hadid had on, though the idea of a courset underneith the mesh fabric this outfit also did not work for me. And lets not talk about SJP.
 

So what are your opinions on these outfits, is there any others you wished that I had talked about, or simply dont agree with what I have had to say just let me know in the comment section below. But I do agree that this has been the best year for fashion at the gala in a long time despite what some critics have had to say on social media websites over the past 24 hours. Until next time x

1 comment :