Thursday, 31 March 2016

Birchbox Review │ March 2016


Birchbox,
One of those things which have been considering trying out for a while. Last week, I finally caved and decided to subscribe! Im going to be opening the box along with you so that you too get to see what I get in this March 2016 box.
First off the ascetics, they have gone for this cute crossword print box with neon orange on the underneath. For the first month of spring, this box is matching to the season and I do have strong love for spring. However, there was a lot of packaging when it arrived at my door due to the fact I also ordered a full size item which I shall talk about at the end. But in totally I received three cardboard boxes which to me does feel like waste. 
Inside the crossword box (which I have actually solved but don't want to ruin the box), there was a little draw string bag containing the items.




First item, 'Beauty Protector Beauty Cream Body Lotion' Ive not been a one to invest much into hand creams or lotions, it just has never really been my kind of product. But these seems like a worthy investment to make. First impression was the smell, oh my! its floral with a hint of coco butter and I seriously just want to sit and sniff my hand all day. From this first use even my hands are feeling hydrated. Which I have been feeling the benefits from for around an hour now without the need to consider to re apply. I am going to work my way through this bottle and see how I feel, like I said I'm not one for investing in hand creams. That said I shall invest in this product if I see a dramatic difference to my skin of the duration of the next month. A full product retails at £10.90 and you can find the link .... HERE.



Moving along to the 'Doux Me Comforting Scrub Mask', I have been looking for a face scrub to work for me for a while now, after the winter season also due to my dry skin I normally am left with patches of dry skin on my face. These are rather stubborn and hard to get rid of, over the past few weeks I have been using the Liz Earle 'Gentle Skin Moisturiser' not to say I haven't enjoyed the product, however I would like to find a product that would work a smudge better. First impressions on the product, it suggest it smells like marshmallows - which it does not, yet what is better it smells like pina colada's which is the worlds best beverage. You can feel the scrub defiantly work, but I shall have to continue using the product until I see any effects. The full product retails at £18.00 if it comes out as being something which works at least a little better than the one I already had I will defiantly be purchasing. You can find the link......HERE.



Next item of the list 'ARROW BOOST Colour Enhancing Lip Balm' first thing that hit me about this company is that all there products are vegan, paraben-free and most importantly cruelty-free. Im trying to reduce all my daily beauty products down to cruelty-free and first impressions are looking good. I have actually been using this product for a few days now (I got too eager) and I have been loving the qualities of this lip balm. It has provided my lips hydration and if you have been following me for a while you will know every so often my lips will turn on me, becoming violently chapped. The hydration from this lip balm has been helping keep this at bay for a while now without aggravating my sensitive skin. I shall defiantly be purchasing this product again its retailed at £11.00 and you can find the link........ HERE.



Priciest product on the list up next which is the 'Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil'. This an overnight and daily treatment oil which you put 2-3 drops on your face and neck. Omega 3,6,7 and 9 all things which personally my skin will need, with me being a vegetarian this is something which my diet lacks. I have realised that there has been a change in my skin since I did make the dietary change.  Mainly in the beginning there was major spot break outs, when I lost the vitamins and proteins that where in my usual diet. This is another product I really hope to stick to over the course of the next few weeks, see if theres any changes in my skin quality. I would probably not however re purchase this product, one I am not at all a fan of the constancy and the colour.... at all, also a full price bottle would set you back £58.00. Id much rather stick to vitamin supplements, but I will of course for the individuals who find this product interesting let you know how this works, heres the link ........ HERE.


Bit of a mouthful 'Number 4 Lumiere d'hived Reconstructing Masque', I'm not going to lie when I opened the sample of this product to take images I was convinced that this Masque was for the face. Probably due to the fact that I am so stressed with reading through my essay I couldn't focus on the small print. oopps. I got highlights in my hair for the first time last week, so I am very excited to give this a trial run. My hair has been rather dry since I had this done but I am loving the overall colour of my hair. Ive been trying conditioner and that only has lasting effects for a few hours, but I am excited to give this a try just by reading what it contains, soy protein, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed oil and silicone polymers. That excites me, I've always been a lover of hair products. If I continue to get my hair done every few months then this is defiantly a product that I shall consider re purchasing, I just need to see if it works any better than my conditioner. It costs £36.00 for a full bottle and you can find the link......HERE.



Finally we come to my favourite product out of the ones I received 'ModelCo More Brows (light to medium)'. The whole thick perfect brow trend is seeming to be coming towards an end, but that is still no excuse to keeping them in shape. I do get mine shaped, waxed and dyed as often as possible. Yet when it comes to daily make up I prefer to keep my look natural so normally use the Benefit Gimme Brow which is basically the same exact idea as this product. I can already say that for me this product works so much better than the benefit one I purchased around a year ago and I don't think that it has ran out, it has a larger volume of the fibres which thicken my brows just slightly. It even drys hard on my hair without looking like its stiff to keep them in place all day. Especially at a price of £13.00 I can say I shall be repurchasing once this one has ran out, since its a full size sample I can't see it running out anytime soon, you can find the link......HERE.



As i said in the beginning I also received a full size bottle of 'BioDerma Make-up Removing Solution', this was an offer in which I received and its actually the reason I ended up purchasing the Birchbox in the first place. I got this product because in my monthly favourites on my youtube channel I showed the 'Garnier Micellar Water', and I received a few messages telling me that the higher priced answer to the product was the Garnier was intact this product here which retails at £10.50 where as the other is currently on a £1 offer at Boots UK. So far I am impressed, I cannot see any significant differences between the two but I do like the quality of the 'BioDerma' better, it feels like more of a treatment to my skin whist using it and is slightly better at removing product from my face. If you are interested you can find the product ........HERE.


Reviewing this box has already got me excited to see what next month has to offer, I will be continuing my subscription for as long as I can. I hope you have enjoyed having a look into what these mystery beauty boxes have to offer. This is the first time I have ever purchased a product box like this and I'm very impressed with what birch box has had to offer. I would love to try another company some day but for now I want to stick to this one :) Enjoy the rest of your week guys I shall see you soon. Until then have a check on my new youtube!
xox

No comments :

Post a Comment