Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Goodnight 2015

Dear 2015,
Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, on the first few pages we didn't see eye to eye. Shutting the door to may people around me constantly just working or studying I got lost to what was really important, myself. It didn't take long for that to change, when I got matched with boyfriend by my best friend, our first date being possibly one of the most nervous days of my life the second we got to talking that all changed sitting there for over several hours just talking, not looking back. I think my year would have been such a different tale without that so thanks.
On one of our first few dates we got to meet The Script, I think my heart sank when I saw Danny being my childhood celebrity crush all that came out my mouth was laughter, I've realised that when it come to meeting new people or famous ill either laugh or mumble complete nonsense... I have learnt a lot about myself this year and changed which I guess is what happens with age.



Speaking of age on the 9th April I turned 18 years old, I'm officially a young adult. I had an amazing few weeks it all began down London, staying in a hotel on the south bank, days of shopping, good food, quality family time and I got to meet McBusted another childhood throwback had me holding my head in my hands, it was surreal if I'm honest nothing has ever really sank in not even if I replay the voice recording of them telling me happy birthday. Back home I got birthday gift I am more than grateful for including a book from the fiat 500 garage including the money for me to put a deposit down on my first car, and a bottle of Moët that honestly I am scared to ever drink incase it isn't the correct occasion. That night I got tickets to another concert for Nathan Sykes, where I bought my first legal drink and didn't even get asked for my ID, followed by of course a night out with my friends which was followed by many others and honestly I don't remember most of them.


Three weeks after my birthday, on my third try I managed to pass my driving test and finally get to drive my first car. It was the scariest moment of my life when I turned to him because I had convinced myself that if that was to be another fail, I was going to give it all up. I have learnt to stop doubting what I can achieve, because as I'm sitting here reflecting on it all I cannot believe all that I have managed to overcome in such a short space of time... including getting a D*D*D diploma in Fashion Business back in May with my final show being something I was so proud of, standing back and seeing what I could do if I put in a real effort. That was followed by an incredible summer spent mostly at the beach and an unconditional offer to Northumbria University to study Fashion Communication, the day that came through I can remember speechlessly running around the house screaming at my mum for all she knew was no apparent reason.

Jack and I spent our six month anniversary afternoon at a cat cafe on the quayside, it was such a nice sunny day was so nice to be able to walk around the whole of the city just kinda lose track of time, it seems like it was yesterday which is quite scary as to how fast the rest of the year went and its also so cold so I could do with the warmth. Shortly after was the arrival of my Auntie and Uncle from Australia having them here in the UK, and surprising my grandpa by just showing up at their front door was a big highlight to my year. We got to have dinner a few nights, enjoy family time and had a lovely trip to durham with them both which I wrote a post all about. I cannot wait to go over to Australia and see them!

Summer was finished by a weeks holiday to the sunshine state of Florida, we took the most of our time together just incase this was the last vacation we would have together alone. We stayed in the Universal Resort Lowes Royal Pacific, so spent most of our time wandering around the parks I have written a post all about this adventure as well. Then September came and it was time to start my time as a University student, Im not going to lie I have found it really challenging these past three months with getting settled in. Im officially in further education, after this is the real world and I'm scared, not knowing what is going to happen in the future is a daunting prospect especially when I feel like it's approaching so fast. Ive struggled I'm not going to lie, amongst the work load and me generally being an over thinker its been challenging, but now having my time off to think everything through Im ready to give my next semester my best shot!





The last two highlights off my year where trips, the first was I took Jack to Edinburgh as a little birthday gift the second was him taking me to London to the Harry Potter studios for an early Christmas present which he absolutely nailed I couldn't have asked for a better couple of nights in the capital to round up the year before christmas.



So yeah, 2015 you have taught me so much in such a short space of time and I cannot believe you are gone so quickly.
And I wouldn't have asked to end it any other way, thanks 2015 x

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing your amazing life with us looks like you are having an absolute blast. Taking my wife to the opera in the next few days just to get out an spoil her more. She deserves it. I also want to start writing a blog like you, you are very talented thank you so much for the pictures.

    Lonnie @ Viva Chevy

    ReplyDelete