Sunday, 13 December 2015

Christmas in London Town.


*Resolution of the photos have uploaded quite badly I apologise*

This week was finally mine and Jacks trip down to London, even though I have only known about this for two weeks I was still stupidly excited to go ! So basically this was my fantastic early christmas present from Jack, A nighttime after hours trip around the Harry Potter studios followed by a day in London. AH! We took the train from Newcastle straight to Kings Cross, before changing over to Euston train station down the road to get to Watford. Leaving us a little time to get checked into the hotel and get a taxi to the studios. I could go into full detail about Harry Potter but then I would be revealing to much about the magic, and its best if you are to see it in person. However it was christmas at the studios and we got to witness most of the sets decorated to the nines in all there christmas glory, all the decorations seen in the great hall are actually from the first movie back in 2001 something I found so great to see in person. I went to the studios back when it first opened, but so much has changed they keep finding and adding new collections throughout the two stages including the Hogwarts express, which yes you get to go into and see all the various carriages from various movies. Honestly I could rant on for hours about how much you can see and do, and how much I enjoyed going but seriously you need to see it for your own eyes even if you are not a massive fan of the movies. What was special for our event night was that one of the special effects officials that worked on the movies was around and about showing us how the goblet of fire worked and also the snake lock door from the chamber of secrets. Half way through the tour we got to sit down at the backlot cafe for some grub and butter beer (possibly my favourite drink on planet earth). I went back up and got some butter beer ice cream... there was nothing healthy about this trip at all ahah. We went through to the Visual effects room before we headed back to the hotel for a good kip before London.

















Jacket, Top & Jeans- Toyshop
Shoes - Vans
Bag- Dr Martens 

















At the hotel the next morning we had possibly the best most scrummy breakfast ever, they even had my quorn sausages which made me happy as could be, I don't think we had a bad meal the whole trip (prepare for what we had for dinner). Now the train into Watford via London was easy as, however we ended up in Leighton Buzzard because the board told us it was going back to Euston. Stress. But an hour later and we had found our way back into London. There was big plans to get all over the city in one day and for the short time that we had so much walking was done. Starting with Covent garden  we came across this Organic shop which had me in Veggie heaven and we got one of the coconuts to walk around with. Most of the time was spent shopping with me for xmas prezzies, but I didn't buy much but what I did I shall have to share in another post. Carnaby Street, has to be the best place to get clothes from, its all in one little area and back when my Grandad was younger that where he would go to get hight of fashion clothes which is cool. We also managed to walk around Piccadilly, Bond st, Leicester Square, Jubilee Bridge, South Bank, Parliament back up to Carnaby for some amazing food its called Kua'aina which is worth checking out whist in London. We tried to get up to hyde park since it wasn't to far away but it was just too short timing to get back for the train home. 
Had such a beautiful time, thought it was really busy with christmas coming up it was such a thoughtful present and I loved it so much. So big boyfriend points to him and ill see you next time x






















No comments :

Post a Comment